Saturday, February 21, 2015

Castle Lov'in!

So I wake-up every morning to a beautiful view of the remnants of a castle on a large hill--it goes by the name Schlossberg.


Then I teleported to the Schlossberg, made the sun come out, and took a selfie with no hands...phew it was quite exhausting. 


Where I am getting at with these photos...is that this city is gorgeous! The sun has been out and about lately, so it has been nice seeing everything with a touch of sunshine. As the sun comes out, people's moods lift and there is a lot more smiling. There is a aroma of joy in the air among my fellow young travelers. So you may ask--what do they put in the water? Whatever it is, it is safe to drink, because I am still walking on two legs. But in all seriousness, what creates this happiness? Guess what? I do not have a good answer for you. For some, happiness is family and friends--others a bottle of fine-wine and even God. I have my opinions  and beliefs, but that is not my intentions of this post. I pose you with the same questions I am facing.

So we got this thing, we call the heart. Is that really referring to that meaty-thing pumping in our chest? Well let me tell you, I think I'll need a transplant after having to endure all the beauty I find in the city of Graz. Whether it be the fluttering and frolicking music or a humble-bike-repair-dude--there is so much to seek and find. The thing is, in this space we call "the heart" I am enjoying a lot of peace and stillness. Moments to stop, be quiet, and maybe smile if you got those feels. I mean sure, it cannot always be like that. There are moments when my heart races in excitement or aches in a little home sickness. Actually, let me try something:

It longs, it chases
to take me places
It beats, it races
to whom it embraces

It quivers, it quiets
in the midst of riots
It cries, it tries
despite the lies

It heals, it shows
through high's and low's
It smiles, it sows
because a heart grows

Shout-out to Graz for this poem and being so beautiful! Traveling evokes so many feelings!

Well, ciao! and tune-in next post for the next great Austrian-Adventure!

One more for everyone back home! 



No comments:

Post a Comment